There are five elements that go into making a strong, secure password:
- Avoid common knowledge references – don’t help them guess
- Use different passwords for different accounts – we explain why
- Use complexity – we talk about what that looks like
- Whenever possible, give your passwords “special characters” – we give tips.
- Change your passwords every 3-6 months, but this does not need to give you a headache – we explain how.
This is an episode of our series Network Security Basics: You Ask, We Answer,
available in our Video Library.
Follow Secure Networkers:
And, of course, YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo2qS78QgNVr__gdaax43vA