Tropical Storm Nicholas has intensified, and the forecast warns it could hit Southeast Texas with heavy rain and floods.
To protect your networks ahead of the storm, we recommend taking the following measures:
- Shut down and UNPLUG all servers and workstations.
- UNPLUG network equipment.
- Keep in mind that camera systems and security systems MAY be affected.
- Raise hardware off the ground if there is a concern or risk of flooding
- Turn off UPS. It will drain the battery if the power is out.
- Review your Disaster Recovery plan.
If you need help with this, you can access a free guide to creating one HERE (no obligations; totally free in the true sense).
If you want professional assistance in creating a Disaster Recovery plan, this is a service we provide.
If you are hit and your network is in need of remediation,
please call us at (281) 651.2254 for immediate response.
Secure Networkers specializes in network remediation after a disaster.
Stay safe, stay secure, and stay connected with us if you need our help.