What can Texas public schools and libraries achieve with E-Rate Public Funding?
There are so many network and security needs that can be met with E-Rate public funding, and also by accessing Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) funds. Check out the following list of possible problems that can be resolved through these programs:
- Outdated wireless network
- An Inability to troubleshoot remotely
- Insufficient security cameras monitoring facilities
- A need for better interface to simplify management
Some of the specific solutions available to meet these needs include:
- Centralized cloud management of network with no hardware controller
- Plug-and-play deployment capability, making it easy to scale
- High performance APs and mGig switches to support thousands of student devices
- Remote video viewing through the Meraki mobile app
- Motion search capability cameras
All these problems are resolved, and solutions implemented, via leveraged E-rate and Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) funds for purchase. Both continue to be available to public schools and libraries in the 2022 budget.
The Federal Communications Commission E-Rate program is essential to helping schools and libraries manage safe and secure access to digital learning via wireless communications, and securing communications to all endpoints. More schools are accessing this valuable resource than before, but not all schools and libraries are yet taking complete advantage of the programs.
If your school or library has questions about how to access public funding to improve communications and network security, Secure Networkers has resources available to help. Just give us a call at 281.651.2254.